Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel Contour
#15
Jaywalker Wrote:Will,

With too many years too close to jet engines and gunfire, I find myself wishing I had some of my hearing back. Within reason, the farther away from the muzzle blast I can get, the better. I don't think I'm up to a 28" barrel, but a 20" sounds pretty good - I don't hunt anymore, so carrying through woods isn't an issue anymore. It's a shame, though - I do like the looks of the 18" barrels...

JW:

I have shot 28" barrels on Match Rifles and it is no treat. You won't be able to get one light enough for a decent sustainable hold when shooting off hand. A 26" barrel is better all around but that is for High Power. And yes, the balance is right where you say it is best. However, match rifle stocks are pretty heavy.

Look towards the IPSC / Three Gun stuff if you want light weight and excellent balance. I have a JP Grendel upper and it balances and handles better than any other I have used for standing. A major difference between that and my other Grendel uppers. Way better balance and handling for positions other than prone.

The JP is the one I would recommend for your specific purpose so look up JP Enterprises and see how he gets a light weight upper to shoot very well.

LR1955
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Barrel Contour - by bwaites - 08-19-2011, 04:04 AM
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Barrel Contour - by warped - 08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Barrel Contour - by bwaites - 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Barrel Contour - by LR1955 - 08-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Barrel Contour - by warped - 08-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Barrel Contour - by WillD - 08-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Barrel Contour - by WillD - 08-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Barrel Contour - by WillD - 08-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Barrel Contour - by LR1955 - 08-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Barrel Contour - by Jaywalker - 08-21-2011, 01:30 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)