02-24-2014, 01:20 AM
Tedward Wrote:I think someone else had less than 30 minutes. Sometimes its ok to be 2nd.Just reading a trend "over there" from a guy name "Iceman13". Here is what he posted:
[Quote:]
"For years barrel manufactures have been silently dropping the Alexander Arms compound throat and moving to the Lapua throat. Many on the Grendel forum are already using the Grendel II without even knowing it because they are sold as 6.5 Grendels by multiple manufactures. You know that recent Lilja barrel buy on the 65grendel forum? Nice barrels guess what they are using the 6.5mmX47 throat. Not just them either."
If this is the case, aren't those manufacturers misleading their buyers? If they are, and somebody recognizes it, won't they be liable in a lawsuit? Worse yet, would anyone ever trust them to make a SAAMI specific chamber of any type? If they were a SAAMI member, wouldn't they be subject to discipline? Something doesn't ring right about that statement. I've been over to the other board, and all I see are people just asking to have the chamber that they paid for. Seems like that is reasonable.
[end quote]"
The first paragraph is one of my questions. The barrels that have throats that can push bullets out to 2.340, do they even have a compounded throat? I am not sure who is following SAAMI. There really doesn't seem to be a particular number that anyone seems to conform to. The chamber, yes, but if PF, Lilja or any barrel manufacture all have different bullet seating depths, what is right and who is doing the correct thing? I'm just confused because there isn't any easy way to say if something is right or wrong, unless its a short throat then you know. When is the throat too long?.
And the end of the second paragraph, I think this is what everyone is asking for...
