Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms
#63
LRRPF52 Wrote:This is one of the things that has bothered me on the rare occasion that someone gets a lemon, has problems, and just walks away, then shares that experience with others, when so many of us have been enjoying the downrange benefits of this great cartridge for years and years without issue.

Hang in there and we will help you get this sorted out. I personally don't have a warm and fuzzy about customers being left with an additional financial burden of having to send their barrel in to be reamed correctly in order to shoot SAAMI factory ammunition.

If it was JUST the barrel issue I would write it off and buy a lilja or BHW or something of the like but the issue list keeps growing.... First, I had intentions to convert 7.62x39 brass and had a hell of a time... after troubleshooting, the solution was to grind down the face of my resizing die to allow enough of a case shoulder bump to chamber. Then once I got some real grendel brass I found out that none of my 25rd mags will function with over 15-17 rounds in them. Finally, with this chamber debacle my experiences make me feel like the cartridge as a whole isn't as refined as it has been made out to be. I don't mean to say i'm not willing to trouble shoot and resolve issues but I feel like i'm a product guinea pig right now. YMMV though, I was just told that most of the early issues had been ironed out.

The idea of sending my barrel to someone other than the manufacturer to FIX it and having a several month turn around is just very frustrating to me, plus after shipping and the $75 i'll be over what a Lilja would have cost. I am going to get it fixed and try to have a fresh start but I can definitely tell you one thing....Saturn will never receive business from me or anyone I regularly shoot with again. (I have no problem paying return shipping but the way it was...or wasn't, handled is what upset me. I'm STILL waiting for an email back from them regarding if the fix is SAAMI spec)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by explorecaves - 02-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by mccuistion - 02-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by mccuistion - 02-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by heinz57grendel - 05-01-2014, 06:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)