Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms
#45
My liberty barrel will let a 123 SST drop out of the chamber seated to 2.233 but will hold one seated to 2.245.
I think my barrel will be fine and drop a factory 123 SST round after some more shooting.
Some of the group buy barrels are probably OK.
I polished the throat a lot and now all I see is a few small scratches on a 123 sst when seated to factory spec and they seem to be made by a little roughness in the throat on one side.
That is probably what is holding the round from dropping at factory length.
My barrel shoots good and I must have got lucky.
A little JB's or Iosso on a patched 6 mm brush and some elbow grease might make some of the barrels work out and others might not see a need to change their chamber.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by explorecaves - 02-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by 45r - 02-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by mccuistion - 02-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by mccuistion - 02-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Liberty barrel evaluation and repair by Precision Firearms - by heinz57grendel - 05-01-2014, 06:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)