02-14-2014, 05:24 PM
further-
The minimum 264LBC reamer has a .061" freebore, mid spec .080 and the largest .099".
The minimum Grendel SAAMI chamber has a .023" freebore. If the reamer is .001" larger in diameter than the minimum size the freebore is .080". If the reamer is the largest allowable spec in the Grendel the freebore is .137" That'll leave a ring.
Edited 2- I was off on the calculations, that's what I get for doing it on paper instead of a calculator. each .001" change in dia lengthens the freebore .057" using .5 degree as the angle
The minimum 264LBC reamer has a .061" freebore, mid spec .080 and the largest .099".
The minimum Grendel SAAMI chamber has a .023" freebore. If the reamer is .001" larger in diameter than the minimum size the freebore is .080". If the reamer is the largest allowable spec in the Grendel the freebore is .137" That'll leave a ring.
Edited 2- I was off on the calculations, that's what I get for doing it on paper instead of a calculator. each .001" change in dia lengthens the freebore .057" using .5 degree as the angle
