Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
DIY Steel Targets
#20
Overwatcher Wrote:I kind of thought the same thing,I was really surprised on how tough it was to get.
I probably should have done more scrounging around for pieces here and there,but the only problem with that is when you go to get it lazer cut,they are going to hit you hard with setting this or that piece up. Having a nice big sheet is a one stop chop and being able to nest all your plates and get the most bang for your buck. Lucky enough I split the sheet with a coworker,who's brother had the hookup,and ending up getting it cut for free.Whereas the lazer is around $250 an hour.
+1 to having it either lazer cut or jetted.make sure you also get your holes/way your going to hang it.Almost impossible to drill it.
For what I paid to DIY..it was worth it.
For the time and effort..it was a little more then what I wanted.
I dunno just my experience.

Understand. I do know that buying whole sheets gets spendy really fast!

That said, I've shot my 1/2" piece at 80 yards with the WSM 7mm and you can see the impact, but just barely. Spray paint and the mark is almost impossible to see.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply


Messages In This Thread
DIY Steel Targets - by WillD - 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by LRRPF52 - 06-22-2011, 02:47 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by gophernuts - 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by Longshot_34 - 06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by WillD - 06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by WillD - 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by Longshot_34 - 06-22-2011, 09:54 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by stanc - 06-22-2011, 11:54 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by munchie3409 - 08-17-2011, 01:03 AM
DIY Steel Targets - by Mutt - 08-17-2011, 06:38 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-17-2011, 07:23 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by txgunner00 - 08-17-2011, 09:04 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by ss355 - 08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by Overwatcher - 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by Overwatcher - 08-18-2011, 06:03 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by Overwatcher - 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by stanc - 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-18-2011, 08:12 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by RangerRick - 08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by stanc - 08-18-2011, 11:04 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by stanc - 08-19-2011, 12:09 AM
DIY Steel Targets - by bwaites - 08-19-2011, 01:43 AM
DIY Steel Targets - by txgunner00 - 08-20-2011, 10:22 PM
DIY Steel Targets - by usmc1371 - 08-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)