08-18-2011, 02:33 PM
AR500 can be incredibly hard to find local. At least for me anyway.
I made several calls to various places and most everybody found it real tough to get AR500
I was quoted $1200 for 500 and $800 for AR400(4' x 8' sheet)3/8"
They also had to special order it.
I ended up going with the AR400 and gettin various size targets lazer cut,it works great for pistol and the rifles at 300+
I was shooting it with a 5.56 55g FMJ and it leaves the tinyiest dimple at 300.
The Grendel with a soft point..no dimple.
Weidners has a very good deal on AR plate,because after finding it,hauling it in to get cut,etc... can be cumbersome.
Bill getting a 1/2 piece of AR500 for $17 is just a steal!
Doubt you will find that anywhere.
I made several calls to various places and most everybody found it real tough to get AR500
I was quoted $1200 for 500 and $800 for AR400(4' x 8' sheet)3/8"
They also had to special order it.
I ended up going with the AR400 and gettin various size targets lazer cut,it works great for pistol and the rifles at 300+
I was shooting it with a 5.56 55g FMJ and it leaves the tinyiest dimple at 300.
The Grendel with a soft point..no dimple.
Weidners has a very good deal on AR plate,because after finding it,hauling it in to get cut,etc... can be cumbersome.
Bill getting a 1/2 piece of AR500 for $17 is just a steal!
Doubt you will find that anywhere.
