Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G
#45
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:Well, I've been checking the Satern website http://saternmachining.com/home, daily, to no avail: no formal word re the short-throated barrels. Add to this the fact that MidwayUSA.com continues to offer these AR-Stoner 6.5 Grendel Barrels (both 16" and 18" lengths) with Bolt --- despite their Customer Reviews citing the short-throated barrels --- and I must state that I'm concerned.

I've been checking as well...very disappointed with Satern on how this has been handled. I guess XcountryRider was correct in stating that the Liberty "Grendel" barrels have been short chambered for some time.

kd7sxa, my advice to you would be find a gunsmith with access to a true Grendel reamer and have them modify your chamber. There's no telling what the end result will be for those barrels sent back to Satern and "scraped"...(just my $0.02)

...and welcome to the Horde! I see you are from MT...
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by explorecaves - 02-01-2014, 03:57 AM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by customcutter - 02-01-2014, 01:27 PM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by Lead Chucker - 02-02-2014, 01:35 AM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by Lead Chucker - 02-02-2014, 03:52 PM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by explorecaves - 02-02-2014, 06:15 PM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by BjornF16 - 02-12-2014, 02:21 AM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by WildBill3/75 - 03-28-2014, 05:08 PM
New 18in Liberty barrel and bolt, is this normal for the 6.5G - by explorecaves - 04-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)