Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Paint after hunting season
#7
Drifter Wrote:Looks good.

AH II has worked reasonably well for me. The keys seem to be good surface prep, and then baking the finish for a few hours at ~200-degrees.

I used TCE cleaner as recommended in the Brownell videos, ahairdryer between coats, a week in front of the fireplace and plan plenty of cure time. It has cured 2 weeks now and I will probably wait quite a bit longer before sighting it in again. I just put the scope back on at finger tight. From what I have read, prep and cure time are critical with Alumihyde. I'll report back on durability when I get it in the field.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New Paint after hunting season - by Flyby - 02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
New Paint after hunting season - by montana - 02-06-2014, 11:35 PM
New Paint after hunting season - by ricsmall - 02-07-2014, 04:17 AM
New Paint after hunting season - by Drifter - 02-07-2014, 05:33 AM
New Paint after hunting season - by Klem - 02-07-2014, 11:30 AM
New Paint after hunting season - by Flyby - 02-07-2014, 03:38 PM
New Paint after hunting season - by jawbone - 02-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)