02-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Tedward Wrote:since you have some rounds thru it did the OAL get better? Have you checked a factory round OAL, then inserted and extract it the check the OAL since you ran some ammo thru it? I just wonder if using it helped the OAL with factory ammo, like did it brake in some???
Here is what I've seen with my barrel:
Before shooting I cleaned the barrel. The factory A-Max appeared to chamber normally, with the bolt closing easily in the competed upper.
After firing I did check OAL on my factory rounds and they are at 2.245". Carefully chambering one leaves light marks from the lands. Cleaned barrel.
After firing my hand loads a factory round still has land markings but they look a bit lighter than initially seen. This may be from smoothing out the lands as a normal result of breaking in the barrel.
