02-06-2014, 01:50 PM
FlatsFlite Wrote:Factory 123gr Amax (2.245) loaded into my liberty barrel measure 2.238 when extracted. I still have not fired it yet, depending on what Satern decides to do.
I also have a Liberty barrel purchased from Midway. I'm seeing similar measurements with my factory A-max ammunition. I did install the barrel and shot 20 rounds before being made aware of the short throat. Primers showed cratering and I had one pierced. Next, I hand loaded 20 of the 123gr A-Max with a moderate load (listed at 2200fps, but I did not chrono) just touching the lands. I saw no pressure signs with this load. Accuracy looked good.
So I've been trying to decide if I want to try and polish the bore to possibly gain a little free bore or send it to Satern to get the throat modified. Do we know if the modification will be a Grendel spec throat or parallel throat?
