Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs
#7
I think that running a Grendel reamer in the 264 LBC chamber would open up the neck clearance a bit, but it wouldn't result in the same compound throat that the SAAMI Grendel has. Would it be a bad idea? I can't say, but it clearly would be a hybrid chamber, if you do.

As far as velocities go, my "Type II" 22" BHW is getting 2600 fps, with Hornady cases, 450 primers, with 28.2 grains of 8208 pushing a 123 A-Max. IIRC, they're seated at 2.250", but I'd need to check my logbook.

I've been reading some wonderful things about the results and consistency some of the Horde are getting with CFE223. I've even heard that burned CFE223 powder smells like unicorn farts. I'm quite tempted to run up a load on it and see how it does in mine. After I go through the keg of 8208, that is.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-05-2014, 02:53 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by customcutter - 02-05-2014, 02:58 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-05-2014, 04:08 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-05-2014, 04:11 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by NugginFutz - 02-05-2014, 04:48 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-05-2014, 05:00 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-05-2014, 03:59 PM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by GLShooter - 02-06-2014, 12:10 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-06-2014, 02:32 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-06-2014, 02:33 AM
.264 LBC BHW barrel high pressure signs - by MTNmyMAG - 02-08-2014, 05:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)