02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
LRRPF52 Wrote:Whatever reamer they used, the chambers turned out beautifully. My 2.275" COL 123gr A-MAX drops in and out of them (I've tried it in over a dozen barrels so far.) like butter, and the 123gr SST factory load doesn't jam into the lands either, just taps right out.
The chambers are free from tool marks, and are the best chambers I think I've seen. When I look through the bores, it's like shining a Surefire into your eye, really.
Do you have a bore scope?
If you do you can look at the location of the land free area in the throat. If the reamer cut the throat too small the lands will start at the end of the 45 degree cone where the case stops. If the throat is cut correctly the lands should start .034" in front of the 45 degree cone. Apx twice as long as the cone.
