02-03-2014, 03:36 AM
After the problems that I had with my McGowen (PTG Reamed) barrel and some of the issues that I have read about these Saturn barrels. I think in the future I would request my barrel maker use a different reamer. Not to say all PTG reamers are bad or even the PTG Grendel reamer are bad, but I personally wouldn't feel right about taking a chance on another PTG reamed Grendel barrel.
After discussing my McGowen problem with members of this site a few months ago, Bill Alexander stated that Manson Precision Reamers make fine Grendel reamers and he recommended using them. I believe in the future that I would request or at least ask my barrel maker if he would, or does he use these Manson Reamers.
I am wrong for thinking like I do?
After discussing my McGowen problem with members of this site a few months ago, Bill Alexander stated that Manson Precision Reamers make fine Grendel reamers and he recommended using them. I believe in the future that I would request or at least ask my barrel maker if he would, or does he use these Manson Reamers.
I am wrong for thinking like I do?
