01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Quote:I just received this from Lindsey at Satern:
"I talked to Deb and she said that they will be posting a message on our website regarding everything that has been going on with the Grendel barrels that were recently sent out, so please keep your eyes on our site. However, because we have determined that our chambers and reamers are within SAAMI specs, and these are not defective barrels, we will not be issuing return shipment labels. We will adjust the throat free of charge for customers who would like the adjustment. I will add you to our list, and once that message is posted, I will be able to start receiving barrels from our customers. Let me know if you have any further concerns. Thanks."
Hmmm, anybody know how they will go about "adjusting" the throat. I assume the reamer won't take anymore material since they say it is within SAAMI spec. Will they be hand lapping the throat? Is this something we should all do (and I mean "we" as in the people who just got the recent batch of 16 and 18" barrels from Midway).
I've got three 16" barrels that are about to get built up. I literally only have one single round of factory 123gr AMAX, the rest are reloads. This single round will fit in the chamber of each barrel and I can twist the bolt by hand but I haven't put the rifles together to the point that the buffer spring would send the entire BCG home. Think I should send them in or just build and shoot first?
Godspeed,
Chase

