01-30-2014, 06:28 AM
PrecisionFirearms Wrote:I did not blame Saturn for anything. I have not personally seen these barrels. We have used some Liberty barrels in the past (we will not use them again for reasons other than short throat). When I get asked about or questioned on specs on our barrels, we answer them to the best of our ability, (or try to in layman's terms) explain to the customer, the why and what for. With the amount of emails and phone call I got over this, I would begin to think I made or was responsible for these Liberty barrels.
Again I repeat, I don't care a lot about LIBERTY barrels or want to "take them down". We provide different products to different markets.
Thousands of barrels with no problems - I recall at times reading about car manufacturers recalling Millions of vehicles because the a problem that showed up post production.......you get the point.
We provide ammo to keep the Grendel Alive. Do the Math, we can not be making a living making 6.5 ammo. It is a borderline loss leader. We do it to support the Grendel, because we believe in it (and it helps sell rifles and barrels)!
My point - 6.5 Grendel is a SAAMI Chamber - if it is sold as a SAAMI chamber then it should follow the guidelines of SAAMI specs. Same applies to all SAAMI approved chambers. Consistency is key in keeping a chambering alive and safe. Ammo manufacturers cannot safely make ammo, label it 6.5 Grendel and have it shot in a 6.5 Grendel Barrel that is not really 6.5 Grendel SAAMI spec (sound familiar with 6.8?). I am just waiting for that one person that blames our ammo for a dangerous or destructive failure in a "short throated" barrel, especially when the barrel maker is blaming the ammo. There seems to be a consensus that there is a short throat on at least some of these barrels. If there is not a problem, I don't know why I am wasting my time advising on it.
This will be my last post on this matter, to prevent further blaming and or support in anyway to either side of this discussion. I presented the facts and specs, the answer I would recommend if there is really a problem, and will now remove myself from this thread, as I probably should have stayed out of it from the beginning.
"He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears." Proverbs 26:17
Mark Hostetter
Precision Firearms
Mark talking crap about a competitor on a forum is low class.
