Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Proper barrel removal??
#1
I have never installed or removed a barrel from a AR before and finally got one in 6.5 Grendel. It is a 24" AA Overwatch that I'd like to shed some weight on. I am looking to have the barrel fluted. I have read horror a story or two about people damaging there uppers during the R&I process. I have a AR vice block that the upper pins into but I have also seen the wrap around vice blocks, What is the best/safest way to do this?

I know this is childs play to most here and I wouldn't mind jumping right in on a M4 upper but really don't want to F-up my factory AA upper or hinder its accuracy.

My rifle also has the carbon fiber hand guard that I will have to access from the rear of the barrel nut.

I am showing my ignorance here and do appreciate any positive and constructive advice or help. Thanks.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Proper barrel removal?? - by jluck - 01-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by LRRPF52 - 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by mongoosesnipe - 01-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by jluck - 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by Tedward - 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by cory - 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by PigOPs - 01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by jluck - 01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by PigOPs - 01-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by cory - 01-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by Tedward - 01-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by Tedward - 01-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by cory - 01-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by dammitman - 01-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Proper barrel removal?? - by jurassic - 01-30-2014, 12:52 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)