01-29-2014, 01:56 PM
I have seen torque specs referred to over the years, some low and some high.
What I have experienced via personal trial and error is that torque specs really aren't relevant due to the vast amounts of barrel nuts on the market.
Mega Arms was the best design I was able to apply the high torque spec to it, it really wasn't a shooter once I got it assembled...
I broke, sheared (two holes) a Yankee Hill barrel nut (aluminum) attempting to get to the low torque spec.
I recently read, in my opinion this is based on what I refer to above, that guys are now saying to hand tighten the barrel nut and torque down to the next gas tube hole.
While that is hardly scientific - I put a barrel on last week and with LOTs of effort I took it 2 holes beyond hand tighten contact.
HTXH
What I have experienced via personal trial and error is that torque specs really aren't relevant due to the vast amounts of barrel nuts on the market.
Mega Arms was the best design I was able to apply the high torque spec to it, it really wasn't a shooter once I got it assembled...
I broke, sheared (two holes) a Yankee Hill barrel nut (aluminum) attempting to get to the low torque spec.
I recently read, in my opinion this is based on what I refer to above, that guys are now saying to hand tighten the barrel nut and torque down to the next gas tube hole.
While that is hardly scientific - I put a barrel on last week and with LOTs of effort I took it 2 holes beyond hand tighten contact.
HTXH

