01-29-2014, 01:14 AM
Shivesy Wrote:My McGowen barrel was sent to me with a short chamber. When I would go to eject a unfired round from the chamber, sometimes I would pull the bullet from the case. This was common with 2 barrels I purchased from them at the same time. I sent them back to Dan and he could never mimic the problem, even with my bolt, magazine and factory A-Max rounds. They had the barrels for over 3 months and when I did get them back, they did the same thing. Go figure.
At that time I rented a PTG uni-throater reamer from 4-D rentals in MT. This is a "do it yourself" tool that worked for me. I don't shoot competition and use my AR Grendel for killing purposes only. This method probably isn't for everybody but I am satified with the results.
What ammo was getting stuck?
