01-27-2014, 08:57 AM
LRRPF52 Wrote:What direction are you going with this rifle? Hunter? Medium target gun? That will help us make some mount and optics recommendations. If you are comfortable with it, state your budget range, and we'll bury you with advice from there.I am going to use the rifle as both a hunter and a target rifle actually, it is very handy and feels very solid. As far as budget for a scope, I would like to be at around a grand. I know it a isn't top of the line price but there's got to be something out there..
I'm really liking the overall look of your rifle. The more I see and handle those Magpul MOE rifle stocks, the more they grow on me. I love the look of a gun without forward assist. If I could go back in time, I would mud-stomp the idiots who insisted that it be present on the AR15 back in the early 1960's. That would force end-users to use sufficient lubrication, and guns would run well like the very first production model did, the Colt 601.
I'm thinking about ordering some uppers that don't have FA, but look like an M4 upper other than that.
The first few AR15 designs used open-pronged flash hiders as well, but with less mass to the tines.
As to the stock. It feels right. Perfect actually, though I haven't shot it yet so can't say for sure. It is solid and a great weight. I figure if I need to add LOP or saddle hight I could pretty easily but don't think I'll need to. I also wanted to save weight over the prs.
Any recommendation on a good grip? The hogue feels nice but is a little too small for my hands. (had it laying around for a while) perfect for hunting, not for target. I would like something in between an ergo and one of those with the "shelve" on the bottom.
Can't wait to get her outside..
Thank you for your knowledge.

