01-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Rabiddawg,
I tried the scope idea. After shooting my 223 and having a couple groups at .5" and the widest just under an inch, I switched the scope to the Grendel and shot a 2.5" group. Scope works fine. This is frustrating because of the $$$ I have in this rifle and reading all the posts about how accurate this caliber is (why I chose a Grendel), mine isn't what I expected. I just wish I knew where to start. I'm thinking I need a different barrel, but not sure. I've notice something else that I am not sure is related or if it is even an issue. After firing a few rounds there are brass deposits on the bolt face. Anybody have a comment on this?
[IMG]
[/IMG]
I tried the scope idea. After shooting my 223 and having a couple groups at .5" and the widest just under an inch, I switched the scope to the Grendel and shot a 2.5" group. Scope works fine. This is frustrating because of the $$$ I have in this rifle and reading all the posts about how accurate this caliber is (why I chose a Grendel), mine isn't what I expected. I just wish I knew where to start. I'm thinking I need a different barrel, but not sure. I've notice something else that I am not sure is related or if it is even an issue. After firing a few rounds there are brass deposits on the bolt face. Anybody have a comment on this?
[IMG]
[/IMG]

