01-26-2014, 02:18 AM
I dont have a dog in this fight. I Did NOT get in on the group buy of the liberty barrels or buy an AR Stoner Barrel from Midway. I purchased an AA 24 inch barrel/Bolt/Ammo from and have shot at 3+ cases of AA Branded 123 gr Lapua Scenar ammo without any issue. I have also shot over 350 rounds of Hornady 123 Gr AMAX without issue.
However as a responsible consumer and avid shooter I am not and would not put myself or my kids or anyone in danger by using a potentially dangerous product. It is up to the individial consumer to determine whether the product is safe for their particular use.
However, had I purchased a Liberty/AR Stoner barrel with issues as described in this thread I would certainly research the issue and ask a lot of seeminly stupid questions from people a lot more knowledgeable than me. I would google and search for solutions for the problem I am having on as many forums as possible not just this forum.
I thought the purpose of this forum was to further the cartridge and help each other. There is a range of knowledge on this board from zero to extremely knowledgeable. Of course there is going to be misinformed comments and questions but isnt that the purpose of this board is to further everyones knowledge and further the accepatance and usage of the cartridge in the first place and not talk down to the less knowledgeable but to expand ones knowledge.
I have heard of the that satern machining was one of the best barrel makers around for a lot of years. My concern is that with such a good reputation, you would expect Satern Machining to produce a superior product whether it was button rifled or cut rifled.
If they produced a bad batch of barrels then that needs to be investigated to determine whether that assumption is valid or not. If a manufacturer is making a product that has the potential to kill and maim, I sure would want to be sure that it was safe to use. whether the problem be the Barrel, the Ammo, or User Error we all need to make sure the product or techniques we are using are safe.
People lighten up and dont be so condesending to the less knowledgable. We all have varying levels of knowledge and are all trying to learn and be safe as avid shooters.
Just my .02 cents
TANGO29
However as a responsible consumer and avid shooter I am not and would not put myself or my kids or anyone in danger by using a potentially dangerous product. It is up to the individial consumer to determine whether the product is safe for their particular use.
However, had I purchased a Liberty/AR Stoner barrel with issues as described in this thread I would certainly research the issue and ask a lot of seeminly stupid questions from people a lot more knowledgeable than me. I would google and search for solutions for the problem I am having on as many forums as possible not just this forum.
I thought the purpose of this forum was to further the cartridge and help each other. There is a range of knowledge on this board from zero to extremely knowledgeable. Of course there is going to be misinformed comments and questions but isnt that the purpose of this board is to further everyones knowledge and further the accepatance and usage of the cartridge in the first place and not talk down to the less knowledgeable but to expand ones knowledge.
I have heard of the that satern machining was one of the best barrel makers around for a lot of years. My concern is that with such a good reputation, you would expect Satern Machining to produce a superior product whether it was button rifled or cut rifled.
If they produced a bad batch of barrels then that needs to be investigated to determine whether that assumption is valid or not. If a manufacturer is making a product that has the potential to kill and maim, I sure would want to be sure that it was safe to use. whether the problem be the Barrel, the Ammo, or User Error we all need to make sure the product or techniques we are using are safe.
People lighten up and dont be so condesending to the less knowledgable. We all have varying levels of knowledge and are all trying to learn and be safe as avid shooters.
Just my .02 cents
TANGO29
