01-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Would someone with one of the problem barrels PLEASE take a cast of the chamber and have a qualified gunsmith measure the resulting cast? That would give this thread even more energy to debate the issue. Even then, I doubt it would satisfy some of the people on this thread who are seemingly intent on defending a barrel that can't chamber factory ammo.
Never before have I read where a SAAMI spec'd barrel that could not chamber factory ammo was given a pass. I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding why this case is different.
With all the back and forth on what is SAAMI and what isn't, I really think the main point keeps getting buried in the noise.
"Why should a customer be told the product they bought is acceptable, when it won't do what it was ostensibly designed to do?" I see a couple of customers here, who are still left holding the bag.
Never before have I read where a SAAMI spec'd barrel that could not chamber factory ammo was given a pass. I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding why this case is different.
With all the back and forth on what is SAAMI and what isn't, I really think the main point keeps getting buried in the noise.
"Why should a customer be told the product they bought is acceptable, when it won't do what it was ostensibly designed to do?" I see a couple of customers here, who are still left holding the bag.

