01-24-2014, 10:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 10:38 PM by Grendanimal.)
customcutter Wrote:Any one else notice? Grendanimal's Lilja barrel is measuring 2.274" and rickOshay's Lilja barrel measured 2.373". That's .099", granted it's longer not shorter, so there won't be an issue with pressure spikes. Apparently the "free bore" on the reamers varies quite a bit.
So also, do bullets, ogives, measuring tools, and techniques between people. All that really matters to me is how much difference there is between my measurements with my tools, etc, and I try to do things the same, or as close to possible, each time. I used to build airplanes and am qualified to fly them commercially. When I built them, it was amazing to see how supposedly standardized things end up not being very standard (same with flying them). Along the line, many people have to decide whether to stamp it off or not even though their measurements might disagree. I stamped off things with my initials that weren't good enough for me before going to QC, but were good enough for others. And I'm sure vice versa. Bottom line is this...Like I said way above, people will do what they want to do. It is up to each individual person to decide if something is an issue or not based on information available. My decision??? There is an issue. It sounds as though it will be resolved and wish everyone the best.

