01-24-2014, 02:31 AM
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 02:33 AM by Grendanimal.)
LRRPF52 Wrote:I wonder if the Interlock was inspired by this, combined with the gilding metal jacket. Either way, it shouldn't be buried beneath the neck.
Exactly. Cannelure or not, my red flags would have gone up anyway with how deep it was seated, even with the understanding that certain bullets need to seat deeper.
I have stayed out of this thread for quite a few posts because no matter if this is an issue with a barrel, a reamer, an ammunition manufacturer, a combination of things, or none of the above, people will do whatever they feel they want to do no matter what.
Without intentionally ruffling feathers, I have read enough in this thread to know that even IF there DEFINITELY WERE defects in ANY product and I'm not saying that there definitely are in this case, or just tolerance issues on any end, there would be a lot of people who would be cognitively dissonant, and sit there doing things and trying things to ease the pain of how long they waited to complete something. That is understandable if you know humans, but is not acceptable. Once again, I am not taking "sides" on anything. I am simply saying that if it was any gun part, car part, airplane part, etc., that people have a way of doing things that make them feel better about things, which is natural, but not normally a good idea. I have my own ideas on this issue, but I will definitely know more tomorrow when I test another barrel. I am glad there are still people looking at this objectively and fairly without, what I think, involving emotions.
This is a great forum.

