01-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Drifter Wrote:The Hornady 123gr Amax and 123gr SST were specifically designed for the 6.5 Grendel.
Exactly! I have never heard that the Grendel was primarily designed for lighter bullets. My pipe shines in the 120-123 range... I don't think you can simply chop this up to internet hysteria. I feel like a couple on this thread are defensive for no reason (except for perhaps vested personal interest). There are ways to tell if it's a short chamber. If I were Satern I would cast a chamber and take measurements and either post my findings in defense of my product or make my blunder right as quickly and quality as possible.
Bottom line: Things happen and it's worth more to find the cause and make it right than to turn prospective Grendel users off to the cartridge by questioning their intelligence for not being able to chamber FACTORY ammo.
