01-22-2014, 03:05 AM
I hate to throw another monkey wrench into this. However, I just checked 10 123SST's from 3 different boxes of factory ammo. I got measurements from 2.239" to 2.247". I triple checked measurements 3-4 times and repeated within .0005". Granted this is with a cheap set of HF calipers, but still shows a variance of .008". I even went so far as to check the longest, then the shortest and repeated within .001". Has anyone else ever measured a box of factory ammo? I've never had a reason to before.
My 18" barrel doesn't want to close on the 2.247". I am not releasing the bolt carrier group, simply easing it forward till contact then applying light pressure on the forward assist. It closes on 2.245" or shorter.
I'm beginning to think that possibly the barrels were cut with more than 1 reamer?
Looks like several post were made while I was measuring and posting. Maybe they are all cut wih the same reamer?
My 18" barrel doesn't want to close on the 2.247". I am not releasing the bolt carrier group, simply easing it forward till contact then applying light pressure on the forward assist. It closes on 2.245" or shorter.
I'm beginning to think that possibly the barrels were cut with more than 1 reamer?
Looks like several post were made while I was measuring and posting. Maybe they are all cut wih the same reamer?
