01-22-2014, 12:40 AM
If the bolt was not deep enough, .130, will that cause the bolt not to lock with the case bottoming out on the front of the chamber? I didn't think it was to relevant and didn't want to throw another wrench into the equation but that is what I'm starting to think. That could be causing the bolt not to close and might not have anything to do with the bullet. You might want to check your bolts. I just checked a batch of them with the back end of my caliper because that is all I have and they measure .130. I measured 3 LBC, 2 Maxim, and 2 AR-Stoners (old used ones) and the Head Space measures .134 to .135.
Would that .005 push the case into the front of the chamber causing ricjOshays issue??
Also the OAL of these bolts are 2.800 and not 2.810 like the 7 that have the correct head space. I wonder if this is a bolt issue not a chamber issue. Wonder who provided Satern these new bolts? My .556 bolts are the same 2.800 length. Oh, and firing pin protrusion is more on them too.
Would that .005 push the case into the front of the chamber causing ricjOshays issue??
Also the OAL of these bolts are 2.800 and not 2.810 like the 7 that have the correct head space. I wonder if this is a bolt issue not a chamber issue. Wonder who provided Satern these new bolts? My .556 bolts are the same 2.800 length. Oh, and firing pin protrusion is more on them too.
