01-19-2014, 09:32 PM
ragedracer1977 Wrote:
Friend of mine also has a Grendel. We went out shooting last weekend. Everything was fine, his rifle functioned with no issues. He called me on Wednesday and asked if he could come by and load some grendel ammo for a hunting excursion this weekend. He came by, loaded up some rounds. I checked measurements, all was correct.
He calls me yesterday and says he has a case stuck in his chamber and he can't get the bolt to close or the extractor to grip the case to pull it out. He asked if he could bring the rifle and ammo by to figure out what had gone wrong.
Well, the solution was pretty easy. A 5.56 bolt won't close on a 6.5G round.
He was cleaning multiple AR's and mistakenly put his 6.5g bolt in a 5.56 gun and vice versa. So, be careful, pay attention to what you're doing. I have no idea what would have happened if he had tried to fire the 556 rifle with the 6.5 bolt, but I have a feeling it would not have been good.
I'm thinking it would have fired and cycled the bolt, and left the empty in the chamber. Then it would have tried to shove a fresh round on top of it. Probably nothing worse than an impressive jam that required tools to clear.


