01-18-2014, 08:55 PM
I rolled the dice on one of the 18" Stoner barrels from Midway and just got. I think I've got a bad one.
I don't have any headspace gauges but I removed the ejector from the bolt and tossed a factory 123gr AA Scenar HP in the chamber. The bolt won't get anywhere close to locking. No markings on the jacket. No markings on the brass. The round measured 2.266 (on a very sketchy caliper).
Should I get a set of gauges or was this method of headspacing adequate?
I don't have any headspace gauges but I removed the ejector from the bolt and tossed a factory 123gr AA Scenar HP in the chamber. The bolt won't get anywhere close to locking. No markings on the jacket. No markings on the brass. The round measured 2.266 (on a very sketchy caliper).
Should I get a set of gauges or was this method of headspacing adequate?

