01-17-2014, 09:58 PM
LongRanger Wrote:I waited for one year to finally get my 18" AR-Stoner 6.5 Grendel barrel. First thing that I did was to check the head space and that was OK. I checked the cartridge overall length for a 123 grain A-Max bullet and the OAL was only 2.236". Since factory A-Max cartridges averaged out to slightly over 2.25", I did not want to have my bullets forced into the barrels lands. I sent that one back and they sent out a new one. The new one has an OAL of 2.246" which is only slightly better. I figure that I can safely fire the factory Wolf Gold 6.5 Grendel and any A-Max reloads that I load to around 2.23" Should I send this barrel back too? Hopefully, the 2 Lilja barrels that I ordered will have the proper chamber and I will not have to go through this bull. Anyone else having this experience with their AR-Stoner Grendel barrels?
This makes me wonder.... I just purchased my 18" AR Stoner barrel from midway just over a week ago and I had to file off the bottom of my resizing die to get my reloads to chamber. I will taker some measurements tonight and see.
