01-08-2014, 01:35 PM
How much of the variance in Grendel is due to other manuafactuers taking the position that a bolt or chamber tweak will enhance the caliber vs straight up parts availability?
The above is not asking about 264 LBC or CSS or 6.5 Sporter but rather a barrel maker wants to use the "Grendel" barrel chamber but then things go screwy when it is time to headspace to a bolt.
This to me is the oddest occurrance with Grendel in that it isn't a wildcat cartridge however I find myself doing as much research as though I was building or loading for a wildcat and if you try to sell on the B-market (Used) then values plummet because it is truly hard to convince the buyer that you have a true Grendel and that AA bolts MF bolts will work.
I am fresh off of a 264 LBC debacle and back to Grendel but when I read through the group buy thread and Lilja's website that AA bolts aren't guaranteed I kinda got that hair standing on the neck feeling.
BB
The above is not asking about 264 LBC or CSS or 6.5 Sporter but rather a barrel maker wants to use the "Grendel" barrel chamber but then things go screwy when it is time to headspace to a bolt.
This to me is the oddest occurrance with Grendel in that it isn't a wildcat cartridge however I find myself doing as much research as though I was building or loading for a wildcat and if you try to sell on the B-market (Used) then values plummet because it is truly hard to convince the buyer that you have a true Grendel and that AA bolts MF bolts will work.
I am fresh off of a 264 LBC debacle and back to Grendel but when I read through the group buy thread and Lilja's website that AA bolts aren't guaranteed I kinda got that hair standing on the neck feeling.
BB
