Poll: Preferred home defense rifle caliber, suppressed SBR or Bullpup
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5.56x45
44.12%
30 44.12%
300 BLK
7.35%
5 7.35%
6.5 Grendel
7.35%
5 7.35%
6.8 SPC II
2.94%
2 2.94%
5.45x39
0%
0 0%
5.7x28
1.47%
1 1.47%
.50 Beowulf
4.41%
3 4.41%
.458 SOCOM
1.47%
1 1.47%
Other (if other, specify in comments)
30.88%
21 30.88%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is your preferred Home Defense caliber, suppressed SBR or Bullpup
#78
LRRPF52 Wrote:I used to work with K-9's and was going to post this same thing, but didn't really want to hurt anyone's pride in their dogs.

A really good example for me was dealing with a particular breed that is the most sought after attack/assault dog, namely the Belgian Malinois. This dog had been trained from infancy to be a killer, but had been out of a good training cycle over the winter when his owner/handler came to demo him for us.

Malinois are satan's spawn when it comes to this sort of thing, and will tear people's throats out on command. We had a hard time getting this dog into his niche, because he hadn't trained over the winter. I had to really antagonize him while in the bite suit, and even then, he was slow to start, not interested in really performing. He did sneak in a leg slash on me that I didn't notice until the evening, and he would head butt you with the back bone on his skull if the owner shocked him.

It often take$ dedication and continual training with certain breed$ of dog$ if you are going to maintain a reliable K-9 security posture that will follow and execute your commands with strict obedience.

I don't care much for Malinois, but mostly because of the ones I've been around. Spastic! They are smaller than I like and someone who knows what they are doing could snap their neck (but it would cost him an arm in doing it). I'd rather have a Dutch Shepherd over Malinois; but in spirit of pursuing non-standard calibers I elected to go with Airedales.
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What is your preferred Home Defense caliber, suppressed SBR or Bullpup - by BjornF16 - 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)