Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Introducing the Rocky Mountain Reloading 6.5 Grendel upper (Seekins + Shilen barrel)
#17
Quote:Shilen is one of the top barrel makers in the world, just be able to get a number of their barrel is amazing in it self.
I would not worry about what twist a top tier barrel maker was going to use. I think londayjake was elated to just get
twenty barrels. I sure would be to get just one

At the time I ordered them we were up to our necks in trying to fill orders for our bullets in a timely manner. I vaguely remember knowing the twist rate when I ordered them but with the huge amount of work we have done between now and then, I had forgotten. You are correct in thinking that at the time I ordered, I didn't really care about the twist rate. My biggest concern was just getting them.
The barrel twist is actually on their website. I had just missed it somehow. Like I said earlier and was said by Klem, they are 1-9" twist which is good for bullets like the 123 grainers and lighter but probably won't work well for the heavier 140 grain bullets. Speaking of 20" barrels, we got the tracking number for 20 of those today. I've had a few questions about where the bolts come from so I will just answer it here. Shilen sends each barrel out with a bolt that is matched with the barrel. Each one has a serial number that corresponds with the barrel.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Introducing the Rocky Mountain Reloading 6.5 Grendel upper (Seekins + Shilen barrel) - by longdayjake - 12-31-2013, 11:24 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)