Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Woops I jacked up my barrel
#26
Nukes Wrote:Thanks for that.

I have been looking at putting an on-board air compressor on my SUV for airing and changing tires, including using an impact wrench. I can imagine the expression on my wife and kids' faces if I ran the 30' hose into the office workbench.

Would I be nuts to start by building a .300 WSM AR?
Or should I plan on my first project being a throw-away?

There are a few problems with magnums in the AR10. The mags don't feed well even if you can find a RSAUM follower. The extractors are made for 308 sized cases. When the extractor moves out far enough to snap over a .535 rim it slams into the lugs of the barrel extension. If you modify the extractor to work it will be weak and break off.
You could clearance the 2 barrel extension lugs where the extractor slides through but you still need a RSAUM bolt that no one makes and the mags still don't work.
Save yourself a bunch of headaches and do something else.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by texdoug1 - 12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by texdoug1 - 12-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by cory - 12-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by NugginFutz - 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by stevegun 1 - 12-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by texdoug1 - 12-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by texdoug1 - 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by 45r - 12-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by LRRPF52 - 12-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by stevegun 1 - 12-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by texdoug1 - 12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by woohoo - 12-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by woohoo - 12-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Nukes - 12-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by woohoo - 12-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Nukes - 12-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by bwaites - 12-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Nukes - 12-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Nukes - 12-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by woohoo - 12-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by montana - 12-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by sneaky one - 12-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Nukes - 12-24-2013, 02:20 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by bwaites - 12-24-2013, 03:31 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by biodsl - 12-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Nukes - 12-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Woops I jacked up my barrel - by Sputnik - 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)