Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel Recommendations/Advice?
#1
Hey guys, I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations/advice about a 6.5 Grendel upper.

First, some background: I recently bought an AR-15 in 6.8 SPC. A few hours later, I came across info about the 6.5 Grendel and thought "That's what I should have bought!" The main purpose (for now) of my rifle is hunting deer, hogs, and the like at 300 meters or less. The 6.8 SPC will satisfy that. Eventually I would like something I can take out to 500-600 meters, even 800 meters if possible. I came across a lot of info about the 6.8 SPC; not so much for the Grendel.

I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer:
  • The optimum setup for a 6.8 is a 16" barrel, mid length gas system, 1:11 twist. What's the optimum for a Grendel?
  • Can I convert my rifle to 6.5 Grendel just by switching out the upper receiver?
  • Who makes/where can I get an "optimum" upper to suit my hunting wants/needs (500-600 m, possibly 800 m)?
  • What is the best ammo for target shooting?
  • What is the best ammo for hunting?
  • What can I effectively hunt with the Grendel? (Elk? Bison? Bear? Moose?)
Those are all of the questions I have for now. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
Thanks,
-Baron
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel Recommendations/Advice? - by BaronVonReicher - 08-05-2011, 10:53 PM
6.5 Grendel Recommendations/Advice? - by LRRPF52 - 08-05-2011, 11:30 PM
6.5 Grendel Recommendations/Advice? - by BaronVonReicher - 08-06-2011, 01:29 AM
6.5 Grendel Recommendations/Advice? - by hm2 clark - 08-09-2011, 12:58 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)