12-11-2013, 02:36 AM
I take it you have a Grendel AR and not a bolt-gun.
Converting 2.2945" into language I can understand is 58.27mm. 57.15mm is pretty much the max internal mag length of a standard GI .223 mag (I use 56.9 as the max OAL of hand-loads). Depending on what mags you are using; SS perhaps your max OAL will be slightly different, but not much. Unless you want to hand-load your rounds into the breech through the ejection port then it looks like your magazine internal length will dictate the OAL of all your rounds. This means your jump-to-lands will be longer than preferrable but the only way you can change this is organising for a shorter chamber, and doing that could interfere with the reliable auto-loading function of the rifle.
You can still experiment with accuracy and OAL in your AR but just not longer than the internal length of the magazine.
Converting 2.2945" into language I can understand is 58.27mm. 57.15mm is pretty much the max internal mag length of a standard GI .223 mag (I use 56.9 as the max OAL of hand-loads). Depending on what mags you are using; SS perhaps your max OAL will be slightly different, but not much. Unless you want to hand-load your rounds into the breech through the ejection port then it looks like your magazine internal length will dictate the OAL of all your rounds. This means your jump-to-lands will be longer than preferrable but the only way you can change this is organising for a shorter chamber, and doing that could interfere with the reliable auto-loading function of the rifle.
You can still experiment with accuracy and OAL in your AR but just not longer than the internal length of the magazine.

