Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Houston, we have a problem"
#8
rasp65 Wrote:Hoot this is the same problem that I had with 5 out of 100 brand new ALEXA cases. The first 50 had no problems. I was loading 120 SMK's that I had treated with HBN a dry lube. Like you I have never encountered this problem in 30+ years of reloading. Do yours look like this? [ATTACH=CONFIG]26[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28[/ATTACH]

Ding Ding Ding!

Looks like you snuck into my man cave and photographed my cases, aside from the color of the BT.

I didn't want to mention that variable so as not to cloud the discussion. This lot of bullets mic at .2635, but like rasp65 mine are HBN shot plated and mic at .2638. Both being less than .264.

I'm at work now, but if it adds to any understanding, I have a once fired, unsized piece here with me. The neck mics at .269 ID / .299 OD, so one would assume the walls are .015

IIRC, the resized once fired brass at home, minus the expander pass mic at .260 ID / .290 OD and new out of the box they were .257 ID / .287 OD.

I realize I would have been better served by a .295 neck chamber, but .300 was what I got and it's what I have to live with.

Thanks for all the good input guys.

Hoot
Reply


Messages In This Thread
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Bill Alexander - 03-21-2011, 01:24 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by thinder - 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by rasp65 - 03-21-2011, 02:22 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Rapidrob - 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by rasp65 - 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by VASCAR2 - 03-21-2011, 10:54 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-21-2011, 11:16 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by LR1955 - 03-21-2011, 11:55 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by rasp65 - 03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-22-2011, 03:03 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-23-2011, 03:03 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by bwaites - 03-23-2011, 03:13 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-23-2011, 04:07 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by bwaites - 03-23-2011, 04:20 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Rapidrob - 03-23-2011, 03:11 PM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by pinzgauer - 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
"Houston, we have a problem" - by Hoot - 03-24-2011, 01:11 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)