11-23-2013, 07:28 PM
TYPO - 100 GR Barnes TTSX, can't fix the title.
I had deer more in mind. It's my first turkey with a rifle. In TX rifles are legal for turkey, along with hunting with suppressors and a mag of any size. I could have shot another one, but wasn't sure how many I could take in this county. This is our 2nd year on this lease, we've heard turkeys, but never seen them. Turns out you can take 4. It was a group of 10 gobblers. It made a day of freezing rain and ice a little better, this is South TX, its not supposed to do that. The land owner saw a group of 40 cross the meadow this morning.
They got within 30 yards and started getting a little suspicious. I used the Burris fullfield III and shot him in the throat, it exited his middle back. No meat was damaged and there was virtually no expansion. 6.5 in and out. I use the Burris & 25 round mag on hogs when they show up, works for turkey too. I was a little concerned about shooting him with the Grendel, it worked out well.
He had 3/4 spurs and a 9" beard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4232[/ATTACH]
I had deer more in mind. It's my first turkey with a rifle. In TX rifles are legal for turkey, along with hunting with suppressors and a mag of any size. I could have shot another one, but wasn't sure how many I could take in this county. This is our 2nd year on this lease, we've heard turkeys, but never seen them. Turns out you can take 4. It was a group of 10 gobblers. It made a day of freezing rain and ice a little better, this is South TX, its not supposed to do that. The land owner saw a group of 40 cross the meadow this morning.
They got within 30 yards and started getting a little suspicious. I used the Burris fullfield III and shot him in the throat, it exited his middle back. No meat was damaged and there was virtually no expansion. 6.5 in and out. I use the Burris & 25 round mag on hogs when they show up, works for turkey too. I was a little concerned about shooting him with the Grendel, it worked out well.
He had 3/4 spurs and a 9" beard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4232[/ATTACH]
