Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Deer with Grendle
#15
As you can see from the picture the bullet did loose some weight, it came back at 89 gr. from a 123 SST factory load. But it was still traveling straight and really I think it was actually more than 20 inches of penetration. When I was informed that I would need to be able to shoot 400 yards for elk I got serious and practiced out to 400 with the 338. When I got done with that I was about broke, then I picked up the Grendel and found that my drop was exactly the same as the 338. That made my life very easy. I wasn't expecting that, but it is reasonable. I really appreciate the help and advice from everyone.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Deer with Grendle - by OLd Man - 11-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Deer with Grendle - by pug6.5 - 11-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Deer with Grendle - by dmsims21 - 11-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Deer with Grendle - by JohnOD - 11-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Deer with Grendle - by OLd Man - 11-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Deer with Grendle - by tackdriver - 11-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Deer with Grendle - by Tedward - 11-10-2013, 02:06 AM
Deer with Grendle - by nincomp - 11-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Deer with Grendle - by ragedracer1977 - 11-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Deer with Grendle - by LRRPF52 - 11-10-2013, 05:12 AM
Deer with Grendle - by OLd Man - 11-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Deer with Grendle - by Blacklab - 11-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Deer with Grendle - by Mav714 - 11-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Deer with Grendle - by LRRPF52 - 11-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Deer with Grendle - by OLd Man - 11-13-2013, 03:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)