Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
was bored at the range with a 6.5 grendel and a hacksaw!!!!
#1
So I took a 4 day weekend for veterans day and went to the range with my 24 inch 6.5 grendel.
I wanted to find the correct harmonics for the load I was shooting, 123 Hornandy Amax

I shot a group at 200 yards in 1.5 inch
I took a hacksaw and cut off 1 inch debured the crown and next 4 shot group was .7 inch group
I took another inch off and the group opened to 1.7 inch
another inch and 1.5 again
last inch as I am cutting it down to a 20 inch rifle for my wife and the group are around 1 inch @200 yards
I will pull the barrel tonight and toss it on the lathe true it and recrown.

observations:

the shot group went higher as the barrel got shorter, after 4 inches cut, my shot group went up 4 inches at 200 yards
for Amax Hornandy factory ammo and the AR Stoner barrel I used, 23 inches gives the best accuracy for me.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
was bored at the range with a 6.5 grendel and a hacksaw!!!! - by fmsniper - 11-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)