Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wish me luck!
#8
Tedward Wrote:Nice shot and atleast you got to shoot something. I did zoom in on your Grendel. I notice you have a DPMS Low Profile upper. I have them on a few uppers and they are a great receiver and lock everything together tight. I also like your camo paint job. I'm going that route on one of my woods hunters and you gave me a few ideas on the colors and smear or fade pattern.
Well at least you got some exercise... Keep looking, it will get better, just wasn't the time... I guess if that helped...

Thanks! It was a 75 yard shot and I was standing up when I took it. The yote got under the rim of the water hole and I had to stand to make the shot. I was pretty happy.

Overall, it was a great trip. Disappointed that I didn't shoot a deer, but I guess that's why they call it 'deer hunting' and not 'deer shooting' LOL!

ETA: for the camo, I sprayed the whole thing a base coat of desert tan (I do most of my hunting in the desert) and then used pine straw laid over the rifle to paint the different colors. I ran out of time to do the scope, but I will soon.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Wish me luck! - by ragedracer1977 - 10-31-2013, 04:29 AM
Wish me luck! - by KentuckyBuddha - 10-31-2013, 04:34 AM
Wish me luck! - by Kikn - 10-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Wish me luck! - by Whelenon - 10-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Wish me luck! - by Schwag173 - 11-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Wish me luck! - by ragedracer1977 - 11-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Wish me luck! - by Tedward - 11-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Wish me luck! - by ragedracer1977 - 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)