Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wish me luck!
#6
Well, 6 full days and didn't see a single buck. Not even a yearling spike. Not a darn thing with antlers. Saw upwards of 50 does + fawns, 9 bull elk, 50+ cow elk, 14 antelope, but not one single buck.

I hiked over 12 miles according to my gps. Up hills, down hills, got snowed on, walked to the truck in the dark. Sat on waterholes for hours. I fired one round the whole hunt, and it was to whack a coyote. I was sitting on a water hole, sun was going down, and a herd of cattle showed up. Then this yote came in for a drink. I made a "yip" sound, it looked right at me, and I drilled it in the chest. You can see the entrance just in front of the left shoulder. It didn't even jump, just fell over dead. Guess I blew up it's spine or something. Exit was pretty nasty, blew organs out the rib cage. Photos below. First couple aren't graphic, but you're warned if you scroll down, there are some that are a bit graphic.

[Image: 20131105_171049_zps755b3ccd.jpg]

[Image: 20131105_171109_zps08000c67.jpg]

[Image: 20131105_171042_zpsa3631753.jpg]

[Image: 20131105_171116_zps33a8a87b.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Wish me luck! - by ragedracer1977 - 10-31-2013, 04:29 AM
Wish me luck! - by KentuckyBuddha - 10-31-2013, 04:34 AM
Wish me luck! - by Kikn - 10-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Wish me luck! - by Whelenon - 10-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Wish me luck! - by Schwag173 - 11-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Wish me luck! - by ragedracer1977 - 11-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Wish me luck! - by Tedward - 11-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Wish me luck! - by ragedracer1977 - 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)