10-30-2013, 06:35 PM
I would probably go with a flash hider over a thread protected as it will protect the crown better than a thread protected and if you don't plan on removing it a bunch of times the flash hider will provide means to torque it down so you don't have to worry about it coming loose
I wouldn't hang wieghts off a wrench as a means of gauging the torque, for loossining you can just guess if int not coming loose add heat with propane tourch when you smell loctite its ready to take apart
I recomend picking up a torque wrench though doesn't need to be fancy the ones from harbor frieght will do just fine and the go on sale fo $10 every other month
I wouldn't hang wieghts off a wrench as a means of gauging the torque, for loossining you can just guess if int not coming loose add heat with propane tourch when you smell loctite its ready to take apart
I recomend picking up a torque wrench though doesn't need to be fancy the ones from harbor frieght will do just fine and the go on sale fo $10 every other month
Punctuation is for the weak....

