10-25-2013, 11:46 PM
I couldn't tell you how goat taste or some other things that come to mind LOL, but if you shoot an antelope after it runs hard and don't skin it quickly it will have a very gamey taste to it that is only good in chili. Antelope have their own taste that I really cant compare anything to it but I do enjoy it if prepared right. Venison has a completely different taste to it in my opinion. Deer and Elk are very close in taste with Elk being my favorite. Failing to skin an antelope after harvesting it in a proper manor can have the same undesirable gamey taste difference as compared to a mule deer buck in the rut and a whitetail doe. I grew up eating Elk and deer and I will take a good size doe or cow elk anytime over a bull elk or buck. Bulls and bucks can be good eating but the cows and does always taste the best. How a person butchers and prepares meat can make all the difference in taste. I have eaten venison by people who obviously didn't know what they were doing and It tasted terrible. Ruffed grouse is about as good as it gets for flavor but when I was newly married my wife boiled a bunch of them and literally sucked the flavor out of them , ending up with a flavor of wet news paper. I didn't think it possible but she made ruffed grouse taste terrible. The butcher and chef can make all the difference.

