Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote
#3
What I learned

1. KG Gun Kote is very forgiving when applying.
2. If you mess up, you can remove the bad spot with paint thinner before baking.
3. It does highlight scratches in the metal. Sanding would be a bad idea.
4. Anodized aluminum, phosphate steel, and satin stainless are sufficient for good adhesion.
5. Gun Kote is hard. I had a few fuzzies stick before I baked. They are now a permanent part of the gun.
6. I used and external mixing air brush. The nozzle is less likely to get clogged. I got the quick-change kit from Harbor Freight
http://www.harborfreight.com/quick-chang...93506.html
7. Gun Kote is good at dissolving stuff. It started to soften the plastic canisters that came with the kit. I got some glass ones from Hobby Lobby. It doesn't seal perfectly, but it does the trick.
8. Since Gun Kote air dries, you can apply multiple colors and use stencils without baking between colors. You also can remove tape and stencils before baking, so they don't need to withstand high temps.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by dmsims21 - 10-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by dmsims21 - 10-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by dmsims21 - 10-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by montana - 10-22-2013, 01:34 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by Whelenon - 10-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by superfred - 10-22-2013, 03:46 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by dmsims21 - 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by rasp65 - 10-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Custom Camo Job with KG Gun Kote - by jawbone - 10-23-2013, 04:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)