Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger?
#7
Krieger is a popular brand where I shoot F Class. The shooters perceive Krieger to be not necessarily a stand-out but a consistent barrel manufactuers (i.e. less liklihood of getting a dud). I have three Kreiger F Class barrels and they all are straight shooters... But of course it is the nut behind the bolt who is responsible for the final score.

Lilja is well respected but less seen on the F Class circuit here. Lilja is however used by Olympic shooting teams and the SEALS have chosen the 16" M4 drop-in as a superior barrel to the stock SPR's.

I have never seen a Bartlein in the flesh so cannot comment.

Barrels that I have seen shoot in competition and would vouch for (in no particular order) are Krieger, Lilja, Tru-Flyte (New Zelaand), Maddco (Australian), Archer (UK, I think they are also called Border) and Lawton. I have a Shilen in 6.5*47 but am unhappy with it.

I choose manufacturers who only make barrels. So Noveske and Les Baer for example to me are quality AR parts manufacturers/builders with enviable brand-equity, but are not high-end barrel manufacturers like Lilja. The barrel in my books is everything. I've seen $6,000 F Class guns shoot average scores with one barrel, and next week with a new barrel win matches. Then, 500 rds later the 'golden age' of that barrel wears out and they are back to coming 4th or 5th.

All three are reputable companies and all three produce hummers, but also the occassional dud. It's like choosing between Lambourghini, Ferrari and Maserati. They are all premium race cars.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by jeff556 - 10-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by LRRPF52 - 10-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by cory - 10-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by Sputnik - 10-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by Tedward - 10-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by Tedward - 10-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by Klem - 10-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by LRRPF52 - 10-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by NugginFutz - 10-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by cory - 10-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Bartlein, Lilja or Krieger? - by Sputnik - 10-16-2013, 01:54 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)