Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV
#1
I was in the stand overlooking the cliff, and just before sunrise heard some splashing in the river below me. It was far too dark & thick covered to see them but I knew they were hogs as the racoons bolted out of sight at the sound of low grunts. These two boars crossed the river and headed towards the feeder about 120 yards north of me. If I wasn't using an illuminated Trijicon scope I wouldn't have been able to shoot them. With a little luck I managed to get both of them. 130lbs and 180lbs. Was using Hornady 123gr. SST's. With both shots I had complete bullet pass-through and approx. double bore diameter exit wounds. These SST's have, so far, performed very well. Kiddos to JP Enterprises for building a fine Grendel upper.

[Image: DSC00032_zps74359043.jpg]
John 11:25-26
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by 81police - 10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by LRRPF52 - 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by 81police - 10-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by usmc1371 - 10-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by 81police - 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by lilharcher - 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART IV - by stevegun 1 - 10-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)