Accuracy problems
#5
JoeSheepDog Wrote:Thanks for the responses. I was shooting with a Pentax scope I just got, mounted with a PEPR QD. I shoot handloads (123 g. Sierra MK, BL-C(2) powder tested at various loads for accuracy, Hornady brass). I was shooting off a steady rest on a bench from a seated position. I've checked most things for tightness (although not the barrel nut) and all are OK. I also thought about the scope as the problem and have mounted a more reliable Leatherwood I have with a 20 MOA riser and regular rings. It shot fairly well with this previously, but since I haven't had the rifle long I'm not entirely sure what's going on. I'm hopeful I'll find out. I waited nearly a year for this upper and really want to love it.

Any other thoughts/suggestions are gratefully accepted. I'll update this post once I try out the other scope.

A Leatherwood is an upgrade? He, he.

Check the barrel nut. A foot is a huge amount of distance at what I am assuming is 100 yards.

LR55
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Accuracy problems - by JoeSheepDog - 10-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Accuracy problems - by LRRPF52 - 10-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Accuracy problems - by JohnOD - 10-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Accuracy problems - by JoeSheepDog - 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Accuracy problems - by LR1955 - 10-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Accuracy problems - by cantgrowup - 10-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Accuracy problems - by JoeSheepDog - 10-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Accuracy problems - by JohnOD - 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Accuracy problems - by Klem - 10-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)