09-14-2013, 03:39 PM
With luck I will have successfully attached a photo of the only bullet I have recovered from game killed with my Grendel, a 20" Sabre upper. This is a Nosler 100 grain Ballistic Tip with 2,725 fps muzzle velocity placed on a 165 lb. Texas buck last year. The bullet entered the chest just inboard of the near side shoulder, traversed the chest cavity and fetched up against the diaphragm where it joined the rib cage. After clean-up the bullet weighs 55 grains. No tracking was required as the buck fell where shot.
I have used 120 Nosler BTs and 100 grain Barnes TTSX on deer and hogs and all were pass through. Generally the animals went 20 - 40 yards after being hit. The Barnes passed through a 90 lb. sow and crippled a smaller hog on the off side requiring a finishing shot.
The 100 grain Ballistic Tip shoots very well and will be my primary load for the coming year.
I have used 120 Nosler BTs and 100 grain Barnes TTSX on deer and hogs and all were pass through. Generally the animals went 20 - 40 yards after being hit. The Barnes passed through a 90 lb. sow and crippled a smaller hog on the off side requiring a finishing shot.
The 100 grain Ballistic Tip shoots very well and will be my primary load for the coming year.
